Care Center, Inc.
Helping People Cope.
Helping People Change.
- Your tax-deductible donations can help prevent homelessness and provide affordable housing solution for special-needs residents of Monroe County. In addition to your cash donation, we welcome contribution of vehicles and boars, furniture, clothing and food. Client fees paid by the residents of The Heron cover about one-third of our total costs. The remaining costs are covered by grants from government sources, foundation and private donations. We do not use professional solicitors; all donations are used for our program.
If you want to make a donation of any kind, please email, or go to our Contact Us page for our phone numbers and mailing addresses.
- Psychiatric evaluations and medication management are conducted by board- certified general/child psychiatrists. Treatment approaches are individually developed with clients and include counseling focused on problem mitigation and resolution. Therapy is provided by licensed and/or certified counselors and social workers. Confidential HIV/AIDS pre/post counseling and testing are offered without charge by appointment.
- Adult Crisis Stabilization Services
- Emergency and acute care services are provided 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The crisis stabilization unit (CSU) is a secure environment for adults (=18 years) in need of immediate mental health intervention. Services include psychiatric examination, diagnosis, rapid stabilization, medication, case management, and identification of community resources.
- Detoxification Services
- Medically supervised, non-hospital, substance use detoxification services for adults are provided 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The detox unit provides necessary medication to ease or eliminate withdrawal symptoms, medical and psychosocial examination, diagnosis, and guidance needed to initiate an alcohol/drug-free lifestyle.
- Personal Growth Center
- The Personal Growth Center (PGC) operates a psychosocial rehabilitation program Monday-Friday for adults with mental illness. PGC also offers Drop-In services 7 days a week. PGC is a consumer-run program that focuses on community integration, peer support, employment, and socialization.
- Case Management
- A case manager refers clients with severe and persistent mental illness to services that will help meet long-range needs. Once the client is linked to the appropriate services, the case manager monitors progress of goal attainment.
- School-Based Services
- GCC offers a school-based, “Life Skills” services at Stanley Switlik Elementary and Marathon Middle/High Schools. Individual and group interventions focus on prevention and early intervention for substance use. GCC also offers a science based prevention program at Stanley Switlik Elementary School.
- GCC provides transportation services and is the designated Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) and Medicaid Coordinator for Monroe County. The CTC is responsible for administering a countywide system of transportation for all Monroe citizens who are transportation disadvantaged.
- Assisted Living
- The Heron is a state-licensed Assisted Living Facility (#AL8523) providing housing and supportive services to adults with a mental illness.
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Psychological Rehabilitation (Adults)
- Crisis Stabilization
- Outpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or marital status.